"Just one more Mommy..."
This is a refrain heard almost daily at our house. Since she was an infant, we have read to our daughter before bedtime. It is a ritual we all love. Usually Mommy and Daddy take turns doing the reading, but every now and then we all pile on to her bed and read together. Story time is one of my favorite parts of each day.
Today, I asked dd to identify some of her favorite story books. These are the ones she chose:
Alligator Baby - Robert Munsch
- Anything by Robert Munsch is a favorite in this house
Ten Little Fish - Audrey and Bruce Wood
- A cute little story that helps practise counting backwards from ten. Fabulous colors in the illustrations.
A Color of His Own - Leo Lionni
- Just beautiful - A simple story about fitting in and making friends. Wonderful illustrations.
Pinkalicious - Victoria and Elizabeth Kann
- What girl doesn't like pink? Is it possible to have too much pink? Read it to find out.
Curious George Rides a Bike - H. A. Rey
- This mischievious little monkey is a classic favorite. Dd also loves his tv show on PBS.
Happy Reading to all of you!