Monday, January 25, 2010

Project 365 Day 25

What a day we had today.  Beautiful weather:  cold, but clear and sunny with NO wind!  Woo Hoo!  As soon as dd came home from school, we gobbled our lunch put on our warmest clothes and headed to the park for an afternoon of fun.  Santa brought her a new sliding tube for Christmas and today was the day to try it out. 

We had great fun on the hill and in the playground.  Here is the pic I selected for Day 25.  I love her expression and her position.  She was having lots of fun and goofing around.  This shot really captured the memory for me.




The sliding was fabulous.  The snow was hard packed and fast.  Perhaps a bit too fast.  On her first trip down the hill, dd ended up in the trees going up the opposite hill!  She did brave another couple of runs on her own, but after a couple of "tree encounters"  chose to ride partners with me.  It slowed us down only a fraction. 

I had to include just a few of those pics here as well.

On the way to the hill...




Hurry up Mom, we're almost there...




THE HILL!!!!  Dd is on the tube at the far left.  Her very first totally independent tube slide...




Close encounters of the tree'd kind...hehehe




Taking a rest...




Come on Mom, it's time to go home...I'm driving...




What a wonderful afternoon.
Wishing you a great day...

1 comment:

Trista said...

Great photos of a fun day Judy. I just realized that I posted in the Gotta Pixel gallery that it looked like "he" was having fun on the slide. Shame on me. She is a little cutie, even while bundled up for the chilly weather.