Sunday, May 16, 2010

Project 365 Day 136

I had a happy birthday today!  I slept in late, had a visit from my bf and her family, a family supper with my Mom and Dad, my sister and her family and dh's sister and her hubby.  Ice cream cake topped it all off perfectly.

Dd was a little concerned when she remembered my birthday this morning.  She said, imagine shocked pouty face of 5 yo who loves her mommy..."But...Daddy and I didn't make your cake yet!"  I am not a huge fan of cake in general, but have been making homemade and personally decorated birthday cakes for for family for a while now.  Knowing that peanut allergy was no longer a concern for us, dh decided to get one of my all time favorites...an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.  Despite having felt obliged to make me a cake, she quickly came around to the value of an ice cream cake with a chocolate fudge and crumble center.

She was a great assistant when I was blowing out my candles :)

Have a great day!

No comments: