Saturday, June 5, 2010

Project 365 Day 151

Today we drove through Kicking Horse Pass and on into Alberta.  I don't think dh believed me when I told him how dramatic and impressive mountain scenery really is until he saw it for himself.  It was cloudy on and off all day, but it seemed to clear nicely just when we wanted to see something special.  We  arrived in Banff early afternoon and spent the rest of the day on top of Sulphur Mountain.  The gondola ride to the top was exciting, but the view from the summit was magnificent.  I chose a family pic for my photo today.
Based a recommendation from a friend, we chose to stay at the RimRock Resort at the base of Sulphur Mountain.  We were not disappointed.  This is the view from our room.  I could not resist posting it here as well.

(I took just over 600 shots today...choosing one only was impossible.)
Have a great day.

No comments: